- Shipping & Delivery
- Privacy & Security
- Returns & Replacements
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Updating Account Information
- Shipping & Delivery
All the prices listed on this site exclude delivery and VAT.
The delivery charge is added during the checkout process, and is based on the weight of the order. If you are within the UK, and your order is over £250 (Excl VAT), delivery is free*. You will have the option to select the shipping method that suits you, and only the shipping options that are available to you will be selectable. Once you have selected the shipping method that suits you, you will be shown the total price of the order, before you commit to the order.
We try to ship orders out as soon as possible and in most cases we can ship out orders within 48 hours, but if elements of your order are out of stock or need special preparations this will mean the dispatch time can take longer, so we suggest clients contact us for specific delivery times that relate to your order.
The Website will automatically work out the shipping costs for most destinations world wide and there is a shipping estimator is the cart section of the website. We currently use Royal Mail recorded, special delivery or UPS/TNT for courier service for all UK deliveries. Our Worldwide shipping is done with Royal mail signed for (under 2KG) and UPS/TNT for larger items. We ship world wide but there are restrictions to the length that our standard shipping will apply, and this depends on the country, but in most cases is 2.7 meters long.
For shipping enquiries please contact us with your full address and the items you need and we will email you the shipping price. Please email us at email@example.com. (We will need your full address including postal code)
- Privacy & Security
Thank you for visiting the Peoplescience Intelligence Unit (PIU) website.
PIU strives to be a leading catalyst for commerce in cultural integrity management and integrated learning, by bringing parents, teachers, families, schools and other businesses/organisations together with strategically advancing information and support. PIU has built its reputation through a commitment to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of sensitive information. Today PIU is the world’s leading providers of Unifiedknowledge (የጥምር:ዕውቀት:: yeht'mr urwuk'eht) related marketing, purchasing and venture planning management services. PIU is an emerging publisher focused on themes related to cultural integrity.
Protecting individual privacy is very important to us. This Online Privacy Statement is designed to inform you about our online collection and use of personal information. The EU Data Protection Directive principles apply to this policy, as well as various EU member state national laws. This policy applies to individuals and their personal data, as set out by the above regulations, which is collected, stored and used by PIU. From time to time, PIU may modify this Online Privacy Statement.
The first section of this policy explains what information we collect when you use the PIU website, why we collect this and how we use and protect this information. The second section explains PIU’s general policies towards protecting information.
Section 1: Data Collection and Use on the PIU Website
What information does PIU collect and why?
This policy applies to all information PIU receives from you, whether you are registering on our website or ordering any of our products. During the course of your use of this website, PIU will collect two types of information:
1) Website Usage Information – This website uses an analytics tool to automatically gather certain statistical information such as the number and frequency of visitors and IP addresses. This information is used as aggregated statistical information about users, providing usage by IP address. Individual users cannot be identified from this type of data. This information helps us to measure how individuals use the website and our services, so that we can continually improve them.
2) Personal Information – PIU requires information from you that may be personal, such as name, e-mail address, telephone numbers, fax numbers and credit card data in order for us to perform the services offered by the site and to fulfil your contracts with us to provide those services. Some of this information is voluntary; the compulsory fields are clearly identified whenever you are asked to supply information. On occasions, PIU may also collect additional information from you on a voluntary basis. This personal information may be used in a number of ways:
● Identifying potential new customers and subscribers
● Detecting and preventing fraudulent activity
● As part of the account opening process for new corporate customers (or individuals involved in the prospect of high value purchasing), to verify your identity we may also use the information for making a credit check on you and may share it with third parties to protect ourselves against fraud. We may carry out a search with a credit reference agency that will keep a record of our enquiry against your name. We may use a credit scoring or other automated decision making system when assessing your application. Details of which credit reference agency we have used are available on request
● Providing you with the service that you have requested
● We may from time to time send promotional e-mails to you with information about our products and services. If you would like to receive such information please click on the “I agree” button if/when prompted to do so. We may also contact you via post, e-mail or telephone in relation to the administration of your account or to provide a service you have requested.
PIU will retain the information for as long as we reasonably deem necessary for the purposes listed above. Once we have processed your transaction, we will only retain your full credit card data if you have asked PIU to do this, to make it easier for you to use the site for repeat purchases.
To enable you to sign in and personalize your online experience PIU uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
Section 2: PIU’s approach to privacy and data protection
PIU’s Privacy Principles
1) We obtain personal information that is needed to provide our goods and services
When PIU collects information directly from individuals, we obtain the personal information that is needed to provide our business –to-business goods or services, to provide customer service and to fulfil any legal or regulatory requirements. We also obtain personal information as a result of individual’s business-related financial transactions with PIU or with PIU business customers. When we obtain information about individuals from third parties, we use reputable sources, including public repositories. PIU employs appropriate measures to assure the quality of information which we collect.
2) We will inform individuals about the general uses of their information
When we have a direct relationship with individuals, we will strive to make information available to them about the general uses of the information that we collect, including but not limited to licensing for use by third parties. This information is made available at the point of sale, through privacy notices on our websites, in other formats that are publicly available or through other means specified by applicable EU legislation and laws.
3) We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of personal information
Within PIU, access to personal information is limited to those employees of PIU and its affiliates who need it to fulfil their business responsibilities. Vendors and other outside contractors we engage are subject to contractual requirements to ensure personal information is safeguarded. We will disclose personal information in response to a lawful request issued by a court, government agency or regulatory authority with jurisdiction to make that request.
4) We strive to give individuals choices about how their data will be used
When we obtain personal information as part of our direct relationship with individuals, we will not share this information with non-affiliated third parties except in accordance with these Privacy Principles.
5) We respect individual’s rights in relation to direct marketing
Where PIU engages in any form of direct communication with individuals for the purpose of marketing of PIU's products or services, we will ensure that procedures are in place to stop the direct marketing at the individual's request. All electronic communications will comply with legislation governing unsolicited communications; where required, PIU will obtain consent before sending direct marketing material or before licensing for use by third parties for similar purposes.
Information Security: How We Protect Your Privacy
PIU is committed to implementing the highest standards of information security to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. We limit access to your personal information to authorized PIU employees. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorised access or disclosure.
Some of the other central features of our information security programme are:
● The use of privacy enhancing technology;
● Testing of the security and operability of products and services before they are introduced to the Internet, as well as on-going scanning for publicly-known vulnerabilities in the technology;
● Internal and external reviews of our Internet sites and services;
● Monitoring of our systems infrastructure to detect weaknesses and potential intrusions;
● Implementing controls to identify, authenticate and authorise access to various systems or sites;
● Protecting non-public communications through encryption or other means.
We hold ourselves accountable under our Privacy Principles
Our Data Protection Officer serves as the overall privacy contact, with responsibility for administering the PIU privacy programme within the EU and internationally, including implementation of these Privacy Principles and for ensuring that PIU complies with applicable EU laws and regulations concerning the collection, use and storage of personal information.
The Data Protection Officer, working closely with individual subsidiaries, is responsible for:
● Overseeing employee privacy training and employee compliance programmes related to this Online Privacy Statement;
● Conducting periodic assessments of PIU’s compliance with this Online Privacy Statement, as well as specific implementation of policies and procedures;
● Ensuring that PIU actively participates in appropriate privacy activities and regularly reviews its privacy practices and policies.
PIU’s Privacy Principles guide us in the collection and use of information and reinforce the role our employees play in protecting individual privacy.
Privacy Questions and Access
If you have a question about this statement, you can send an email to the PIU – Data Protection Officer. The address for this is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us at this address if you have a question about PIU's handling of your information or if you wish to obtain a copy of personal data stored at PIU.
Before PIU is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will endeavour to respond within the legally mandated timeframe. Please refer to PIU’s local websites and posted guidelines about how PIU complies with national data protection regulations relating to data subject access rights and how to successfully request your data by making a Subject Access Request, including the required detail and any necessary fees.
All complaints or concerns and appropriate resolution relating to the practices of handling personal information will be logged. Any complaints of this nature should be made in consultation with posted guidelines and if necessary to Customer Services or the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
The operator of this website is:
Peoplescience Intelligence Unit
c/o Abundance Centres (UK),
86 Vestry Road, London SE5 8PQ
T: +44 (0)20 8144 1720
Peoplescience Intelligence Unit is a trading function of Ras Astehmari Batekun (Khu) Un Ltd (Company Reg: 08447160), © 2013-2019. All Rights Reserved
- Returns & Replacements
PIU and associate partners providing products through the PIU's website (uShop), offer returns for most items within 30 days of receipt of delivery. You can use this page to learn about our return policies. Most items sold on PIU's uShop follow our general return policies, but some products have different policies or requirements associated with them.
These return policies do not affect your Statutory Rights.
If you return items in which you've saved personal information, such as laptops, cameras or other electronic devices, you must erase this information completely before sending the product back to us.
If a product becomes defective after 30 days you'll need to Contact Us to discuss what options may exist. You may wish to visit the manufacturer's website or contact them directly as they may be able to offer troubleshooting and support with the issue you have with the product. Please see Manufacturer Contact Details and After Sales Service for more information.
We won't accept the return of any software returned to us if it's been opened. We won't accept the return of any publication returned to us if it's been used or damaged. We reserve the right to refuse returns or to charge you our fees and expenses if the product isn't received in new, unopened condition.
Please note: goods that are personalised, bespoke or made-to-order to your specific requirements are non-refundable, unless faulty.
We will not accept goods back without an RMA number.
To return any products, please log into your account and request and RMA number. Once you have an RMA number we will then instruct you on how to return the goods to us.
You may order either on our website, through purchase order emailed or faxed to our office or by email. We do not take orders over the phone, unless you have ordered from us before.
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
We accept most methods of payment, including, bank payment, credit / debit card payments, Paypal, Check and Cash.
From time to time we offer promotions offering discount or free shipping and this is done with a coupon code that we typically email out in our newsletter.
To get these you must subscribe to our newsletter and you can do this during the registration process or logging into your account and subscribing.
- Updating Account Information
To change your account information, click on “my account” next to the Welcome tab at the top of the page. Once you enter your login information you will be brought to your account page, which has a sidebar menu to the left of the screen under the heading “MY ACCOUNT”.
To change the way your name appears or your email address, click on the tab in the sidebar menu that says “Account Information”.
To change your billing or shipping address click on the tab in the sidebar menu that says “Address Book”. This will bring you to your address page, where you will have the options to click on “Edit Address”, “Delete Address”, or “Add Address”.
To subscribe or unsubscribe to the PIU newsletter, click on the tab in the sidebar menu that says “Newsletter Subscriptions”, where you will have the option to subscribe, or click the box which says unsubscribe.